Friday, March 6, 2015

New leaf

I always hate when I have to say, "it's been awhile since I've written" so I won't. Let's just move on from that and live in the present. I want to write again. I miss it.

I also want to run again. Not just run again but really RUN again. It's funny, when I was running with a time goal and was concerned about my finish times, I always thought that I should run for the sake of running and learn to find joy in the pure experience of being on my feet and moving. I accomplished that goal and for the past few years have thoroughly enjoyed running without a watch or a goal and sharing the joy of running with others. Now, however, I've come back to wanting a goal. A real time goal. Running with a purpose. I miss the fatigue of following a training plan. I miss the nagging feeling of dread in knowing I have a speedwork session after work. That uncomfortable but yet amazing feeling of pushing my legs as fast as they can go, throwing form and efficiency out the window and finding the limit of my speed. Walking that razors edge of injury. Weird, huh?

Maybe I'm on a cycle. It seems every 4-5 years my desires change. Part of me thinks that is another sign of my impending insanity. Another part of me thinks that I just get bored with things after awhile. The third half of me thinks all this is true and I'm pretty lucky to have the ability to follow those desires wherever they lead and whenever they hit.

I'll be updating this page with new pictures and plans. More for me than for you but feel free to check up on me if you like. I miss you.

Thanks for listening

1 comment:

RBR said...

Well helllloooo handsome stranger! So funny that I log into my blogger account for the first time in a month of Sundays (1. weird expression referring to 30 weeks and 2. It has actually been longer than that. Anyhoo, I digress...) to see if I might want to start writing again only to see my old friend is in the same frame of mind! Look at that run on sentence from hell. I still got it, baby!

Nice to "hear" from you!

-RBR