Thursday, September 24, 2009

A good run

I had one of those runs tonight that makes me remember how much I love
running. My old gang was back together and we did a lap of old Lake
Hefner. It was a beautiful evening with crystal clear skies and cool
temperatures. I felt like I could run forever and each step lifted my
spirits a little higher.

The Big One also had another cross country meet tonight. He has been
flirting with the 20 minute barrier for his 5k's lately. Last week he
ran a 20:05 and we were all hoping this would be the sub-20 minute
day. Alas it was not to be as he ran a 20:07. On the bright side he is
consistent and we can work with consistent! So very proud of him.

I've got a marathon next weekend. The Spirit of Survival marathon is
next Saturday I think. I'm using it as a training run but still hope
to run well. If nothing else I want to get my head screwed on straight
and get back into marathoning mentally. My head has been out of it now
for awhile and I've got to get the head games down again if I want to
PR this year. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for listening

5 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Ah - you and Penny both aligned with your joy of running! I need me some of that. (I have a track workout today and prior experience leads me to believe I will NOT be feeling joyful.) Have a great weekend - and serious congrats to your boy on that 5K time. He's so close to that sub 20 - he'll get it!

Terri said...

Glad to hear it Willie, especially since I know you've been sick. I hope you're feeling better.

And the 20 minute barrier - I have a feeling it won't be standing in your son's way for very long. Cutting 2-3 seconds off that pace per each mile, he can definitely do. Remind him to believe in himself and he can do it.

RBR said...

I am alive. Glad you are too. *smooches*

Clark said...

Good luck next weekend!

Southbaygirl said...

I see...just going to sneak in another marathon you running maniac! "just using it as a training run but would like to do well"...does training run mean you'll run it in 6 hours??? :-)

I hope the marathon this coming saturday or sunday??? helps get your head back on straight! I do feel that running does that for me...it's my time to reflect, think and get happy!! So I hope that it helps!

And I'm super glad you had a great run at Hefner! Did you say that it was "cool"...wait you don't like running in "cool" aren't you that sun freak???