Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Not so good

So here's a post I wish I didn't have to write. I'm going to write it
however because it may be the one thing I need to do to get me out of
this. I didn't want to run today. Did you catch that? I said I didn't
want to run today. I had the chance to run and I stayed in bed
instead. My heart and body were tired. I just felt burned out. This is
not the kind of thing I should be writing a few days before a
marathon. Could cause some problems.

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Willie!!! You have to pull yourself out of this one. It's just a day and you're going to be back. Find the root of the problem and fix it. Do like you instructed me (which worked by the way) focus on encouraging others and you'll find your path again.

Hugs, hugs, hugs, my friend. One foot in front of the other.

cath said...

Hey Willie!!!! I havn't spoken to you for ages!..Isn't it 'normal' to feel a bit blah on the end of training for a marathon? I'm sure it's okay to sleep in for one day!!! c'mon! you can do it Willie...you're a runner. Tomorow is a new day for you-willie the runner! x

Calyx Meredith said...

I'm so hoping that post was like when having a bad dress rehearsal is an omen for a fantastic opening night. How did it go? Hugs from the East Coast.

Terri said...

I'm sure you've said this to others before in trying to pick them up, so you know it's true. It's totally normal to be burnt out at times. sounds like maybe you were going through that when you wrote this.

and sometimes it's just your body's way of saying, "hey dude/dudette, i'm exhausted, give me a friggin break."

how's the Older One's running going?