Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Of Dogs and Ducks

I'm coming down from the spring marathon high I've been on for the last few weeks. It's somewhat comforting to know that I don't have another marathon until the fall. But then again, it's also somewhat depressing. It's been my focus for so long now that I feel a little blurry without a near-term goal. I would like to say that I will now take a few weeks off to rest my leg which has been hurting since December but I think we know each other better than that. I do want to take some time off but am not sure how to do it.





I have a Dachshund. I think I've said that before. Well we found out about a documentary about Dachschund racing that was showing at the Oklahoma City Art museum and just had to go. I mean look at that picture! It's so cute! OMG it was awesome! Sooo funny to see these people taking their little dogs so serious. It was a riot.


While I was leaving the theater I saw a duck nesting on the sidewalk in downtown OKC. At first I thought that was weird, then I realized that the poor thing was homeless and living on the streets. I think this is a sign of just how bad things have gotten, homeless ducks living on the mean streets of Oklahoma City. Maybe we should start a charity...








Thanks for listening

4 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

You didn't rescue the duck? I would have taken it to the pretty lake you have!! Willie go back and rescue the duck.

Calyx Meredith said...

Urban duck probably doesn't need rescuing. He's probably just day tripping. :D Seriously - I think they're pretty good at finding their way back to the lake. The movie poster was GREAT! I didn't know about your dog - so that was fun to read. You should post a picture for me!
And finally - your poor leg! Hurting since December with no time off. Even running machines need a break Willie! (I thought your leg was better and that's why you hadn't taken more time off. I didn't know it was still bothering you!) Please take care of yourself.

RBR said...

Hoo! That movie poster is AWESOME! I love doxies. My first two dogs as a child were doxies. Hysterical little guys. Very BIG personalities!

You are such a doll for your "Got get 'em" comment. I seriously doubt i will improve my time on this course since it is much tougher., but I am hoping to do it under 5:30 (OMG! RBR posting a goal time, in public no less?! Are the oceans boiling?)

Smooches!

Anonymous said...

Dad dont write OMG k its not you
_ _ -Willie Jr.
*o*