Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A new first run

I ran 6 miles tonight in my new shoes and it felt wonderful! It was like running on a cushion of air. I can't explain to you how different it felt to run tonight. I guess I was so used to pounding in the old shoes that these felt like a whole new experience.

I suppose that just proves the old saying that you never know how good you got it until you don't have it. I would add another line to that and say that you really realize how great it is when you lose it for awhile and then get it back. Our bodies are wonderful at adapting to circumstances and they will make do with whatever we give them for as long as they can until something just gives out. Tonight I think I heard my knees sigh and say thank you. They get a bit of break, call it a vacation.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Yay, glad to hear you treated yourself to new shoes after all. Where did you decide to get them from? The internet or the local store?

Southbaygirl said...

wow your shoes must have been shot!!! Glad you got a good pain free run in with them!