Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sleep and Coffee

A poem I call "Lazy Butt"

Here I sit with coffee in hand.

Looking out the backdoor as the sun comes on the land.

Should be running, should be sweating.

God knows the miles that I should be getting.

Instead I'm here, in my pajamas, Head stuffed up and nose all runny.

Wondering how to write something funny to explain why I am such a wimp.

Bed so warm, air so cold.

Couldn't get my lazy butt out of the folds.




So I didn't run this morning. Blahh! I won't say I'm stick because that will get me in trouble with those who truly are sick but I am not feeling like my normal self. Today would have been 14 miles on the north part of the OKC marathon course. I didn't want to miss it but when I'm not feeling it, I'm just not feeling it. Next week is the 20 miler on the course so I want to be ready for that. That stupid countdown clock to the left is still moving. Reminding me that I only have a few days of training left until the marathon. Maybe I'll turn the computer off so I don't have to see it.
The coffee is great and my house is still warm. Next to running, this is a pretty good way to spend a Sunday morning.
Sidebar:
Do you guys suffer from bad typing habits? I do. There are some words that I always type the same way and cannot seem to break the habit. OK here's one that is fitting and very funny (at least for me). I always type "marathon" as "marathong"!! Every time you see that word on my blog know that I had to go back and delete the "g" from every instance. Possibly a Freudian slip? Now you know where my mind is!!!
Thanks for listening

6 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

I like sunday mornings in bed...but I have tea! And this morning all the animals were on the bed trying to get me up. I just wanted one day of sleeping in-after my 3 glasses of vino last night in celebration of Velcro's 2nd place!!! But I'll be running my long run today-in the wind!

You are allowed a day off!!! For god's sake dude-you are a running machine! You'll be fine! It's us mere mortals that need to worry!

RBR said...

Ha! I love the poem!

I agree with pkpwv. Take a rest day. 20 miler next weekend, oooh you are getting so close! You are ready and it is going to be AWESOME!

I am sitting here with coffee as well. It is the nectar of the gods. I am not certain how civilization existed without it.

I am excited about the San Diego Marathon. Hey, you don't happen to have a business trip to Cali around the first of June do you? *nudge, nudge* *wink, wink*

Calyx Meredith said...

I like the poem too, but it's the fat cat that slays me. I think it's great that you rested on your laurels today. I hope the weather gods are good to you this next week and give you some fabulous weather for the 20 miler. I'm sure you'll be great!

Jaime said...

Good luck on your 20 miler.

Like the fat cat too.

Southbaygirl said...

Have you purchased your pink shirt for your 20 miler????

Southbaygirl said...

Have you bought your pink shirt yet? Get out there and buy it. As for the sun-sun and hot weather sucks to run in (well i think so) You can have it. The only reason I live in Sunny Southern Cal is because of the godforsaken film industry, otherwise I'd live in a cooler, mistier, wetter climate! Oh JOY!

Once we start shooting, which is this coming monday, there might not be any more sunset shots until my weekend runs! Sorry. My life changes drastically once I start working-life as I know it changes! I will have no life but sleeping.