Thursday, April 17, 2008

Me, in a 6 word nutshell

I was tagged by Calyx Meredith for the 6 word meme.

Sounded interesting, until I started thinking about it.... What to write? How to summarize my life in 6 words? Let's start with the rules:

1) Write your own six word memoir.
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5) Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
6) Have fun.

So here goes, no explanation, just the 6 words I hope will represent me when I'm gone.

Lived deliberately, never afraid to try.

So now for some running news. I ran 6 easy miles on Tuesday which went OK except that it was wiiiinnndddyyyyyy (like the visualization?). The interesting thing was how tired I was the next day. I actually felt a little sore and I'm not sure why. I guess it's a reminder that this pile of carbon based material that I live in can always surprise me. One of those things that makes life interesting.

I got in a 7 mile temp run in tonight before the rain hit and if felt great. I was easily running 7:40 miles. Go figure! I am stretching now and am trying to do more of this as the marathon approaches. Stretching and Pilates are my key to a good run. I'm trying to concentrate on them and not on how little I am actually running during the taper. I struggled with the taper before Disney because I didn't have anything else to do but run and I couldn't do that. So this time I'm trying some replacement therapy. Hopefully it will work better.

I've got a 10 mile easy run with the Landrunners this weekend and a very easy week of running next week before the marathon. I am much more relaxed with 1 week to go than I have been in the past. I hope it's a good Omen and not an over-confident slide to failure.


Thanks for listening

2 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

That is a fantastic six word memoir! Thanks for playing along. Good luck with the stretching/pilates this week and I hope the weekend run is smooth and strong. Sounds like you are right on track for a great race!

RBR said...

Nice meme. I think it is perfect.

Of course you could have gone with:

Fast as Hell, outta my way!