Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What happened to happy Willie????

Workout summary

Monday:
5 minute side planks
120 bicycle crunches
Swam 1/2 mile
Ran ZERO

Tuesday:
Stationary bike 26.5 miles
Swam 1/4 mile
Ran ZERO

Wanna know how I feel about all that? Really? Well have you ever seen one of those small, overgrown ponds that has a nasty film of slime on it? Well you know the stuff at the bottom of that pond that decays and creates that slime? You know the things that died in that pond to make that stuff? Yea, I'm the microbiological virus that killed that thing (ask RBR she knows all about those things, probably has pictures). That's how I feel.

Basically I have a deep, deep self loathing thing going.

Worthless, fat, lazy, grumpy, asshole bastard who's good for nothing and no one. I'm angry at everything and nothing in particular. So much so that I actually sped up when I drove by a cop yesterday just so he would pull me over and I could cuss him up one side and down the other. Just give me a reason buddy and I'll bite your head, or don't give me a reason, it really doesn't matter I'll bite your head off anyway. Ebenezer Scrooge got nothin' on my baby! What a fuckin' amateur.

Yea Willie!

Ok enough of that. Here's a question for all you triathlon people. How do you ride a bike that long and not have a sore butt? Or in my case a sore place where my butt should be. Yes I'm one of those old men who has no butt. My thigh goes right into my back. My belly makes up for it though. I think I got kicked in the butt too hard once and it went through my middle and came out on my belly. Anyway, good lord people, how do you do that? Stupid bike.



Thanks for listening



5 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

OMG.....that made me laugh. Sorry I'm sure that wasn't the reaction you were looking for but sorry-I laughed! Especially about your butt, well not actually about your butt, but about the fact that your ass was sore after riding.....and I want to know how it's physically possible that your butt made it to your stomach-dude you are a freak of nature!!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to comment all day and silly Blogger has been behaving badly for me. :( Finally, it's going through.

Anyway, Did you have a good time in California with your airplanes? I didn't know that's what you did for a living...SO COOL! Seriously! I have my husband read your post and he like freaked out. Anyway, climb on your soapbox anytime.

How's the knee feeling with all the rest and cross training?

I know what you mean on the butt (or non-butt pain) from the bike. When I was taking spinning my butt just tender for a while. The only responses I got from people was to toughen up or to purchase padded shorts. :)

Hope happy Willie comes back soon... :)

Thanks for the comments! I hate burpees with a passion!

Calyx Meredith said...

The triathlon cure for sore sit bones is more TITS. (But not the fun kind.) More Time In The Saddle means less soreness. Even if you have no ass, you get less sore by riding more. (I don't know why. Callus? Killing off the nerve endings?)

Hope you get to get back to your running self soon!!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how they do it - whenever I ride the bike, I use lots of Body Glide, otherwise it'd just get painful in many other ways. Sigh.

Willie, I'm so sorry you're not having a good time of it. If it makes you feel better, I've been kind of bitchy for the last few days as well. I ran this morning just so I wouldn't go postal on people on my drive to work, or at work. :-(

RBR said...

Good shorts. Buy the good shorts. And ride outside, not on the boring as hell gym bike. That might not make your butt feel better, but it will make it more fun.

Do I smell a triathlon in your future?

(Much better on the swearing BTW :o))