Thursday, March 19, 2009

Skiing in the Homeland

So I'm on vacation from work and basically being a slob. We had a great time skiing with my mom even if we barely caught one of the last days of the snow season. The weather was warm but there was plenty of snow for us to play around on. We spent most of the day on the slopes and then relaxed in the hot tub before heading back home. Everyone had a great time and The Big One really liked his birthday.

I can't breathe here in the Mid-Ohio Valley. It's amazing that I grew up here without any problems because every time I come home now I am a slave to the inhaler and high on allergy medicine. I tried to run a couple times and made it 3 miles once but it wasn't pretty. I tried twice on Wednesday and finally gave up and "borrowed" my mom's gym for an hour on the elliptical.

Tomorrow it's back in the car for 14 hours and eventually home. I hear it's in the 80-90's back in Oklahoma so I'm excited to get some good, long, hot runs in this weekend. 20 miles on Sunday! Can't wait.

Thanks for listening

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you've had a good time while on vacation. I've never been skiing, but I've heard it's a great exercise in itself.

Be safe traveling home. We'll be lucky to have you back in the midwest!

By the way, thanks, my friend. For everything.

Southbaygirl said...

You're looking forward to 80 and 90 degree weather? You are sick!!!

Glad you had a nice vacation! Bummer you couldn't breathe! That is never fun!

Southbaygirl said...

just got to watch the video-first of all VERY glad your son is wearing a helmet and what are you thinking recording as your skiing or snowboarding down the hill-are you crazy?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, 80-90S??!! What I would not give to be able to complain about the heat again?!