Sunday, April 19, 2009

Let Marathon week begin


Well I did my last long run today. Nothing exciting, just 8 miles in the cold Oklahoma wind and (a little) rain. It's funny to think that this is how the training began many weeks ago. Cold and windy. It was a nice easy course with plenty of potty stops which, it turns out, I needed.

So now it's officially marathon week! If anything could lift my spirits that could do it. The Boston Marathon is tomorrow, GO REESE!, Tuesday night is packet stuffing if I can make it (the running club volunteers to stuff the race packets for the marathon), Thursday night the running club is hosting Amy Palmiero-Winters which will be AMAZING! Friday the expo starts and oh yea, I have to actually register for the marathon on that day. Quiet! I know I'm a total dork for forgetting to register before now. It's just how I roll. Planning? What the heck is that?

Saturday morning is the legends run when I get to run with Bill freakin' Rogers and Dick freakin' Beardsley! See my profile picture? That's from last year's legends run. I made a total fool of myself last year acting like a complete star-crazed teenager when I met Bill for the first time. I plan to repeat that performance again this year. I can't help it, I used to watch him win Boston on TV and now I get to run with him! Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Sunday is the marathon and the official beginning of Willie's marathon season. Let the fun begin! Prediction? Hmmm.... How 'bout 3:45 and not dying? Sounds like a good goal. Sunday night's forecast is for an ice bath and lot's of alcohol which is the perfect way to recover and prepare for another marathon in 7 days.

So that's my (cough) plan. I'll keep you updated as the week progresses.

Thanks for listening

3 comments:

cath said...

you sound pretty real. think I'll follow ya...

Lil' Bill said...

Wish I was there!!!! What a way to start your marathon season... Make sure to get a picture with Amy! She's soooo hot!

Run well!

Remember, this is just a "tune up" for Ft. Collins. Marathon Maniac!

FC cannot get here soon enough. :)

Middle-of-the-Pack Girl said...

it's hard to not get excited when you do the packet stuffing, isn't it? 3:45 - wow, between you and Reese, you two are insanely fast! Did you see how fast he did Boston today?! I was tracking him along with a few of my local friends.