Friday, April 17, 2009

Struggling

I spent the week in NY and guess how many times I ran. Go ahead, guess! No really guess! Freakin' guess already OK!

Zip, zero, nada, never.

I did drink almost every night though. I also ate lot's of fried food. Beer and hot wings sounds so good when you have sat through long, boring negotiations all day, but not so good the next morning when you have to sit through more long boring negotiations.

I've searched to the end of the internet but can't find a runner's diet anywhere that prescribes coffee, muffins, whiskey, fried food, pizza, ice cream, cookies, and whatever else is placed in front of me. Good thing I don't have any marathons coming up soon, like maybe within a week. Yea, that would be really bad. That's not exactly what one would call "training". It's almost comical to think that someone would think they could run back-to-back marathons on that kind of "training".

So there you have it. No running, bad diet, and general pissed-off-ed-ness (just made that up!). So what have you guys been up to?

On a much more positive note, Rescue Me is back on the air and not a minute too soon. Since I was in NY the show didn't start until 10 PM which is way past my normal bedtime but absolutely fine last week since I couldn't freakin' sleep anyway. Hey I needed a positive.

Thanks for listening

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Willie- I'm glad you're back. I really missed you.

Did the food taste good...all that fatty fried goodness? What about the beer and whiskey? Did it make the trip to NY more tolerable? If so, so be it. You'll start running again this week. Chin up, put your uber-dedicated-I'm-a-super-runner-running-back-to-back-marathons hat on and GO! No worries.

YOU ARE A PRO. Act like it, my friend. :) Geez, that sounds really harsh when you can't see my smiling face with the accompanying wink.

What is Rescue Me?

Southbaygirl said...

Beer? Beer is ok for a runners diet...whiskey-no I don't think so...pizza? CARBS!!! yeah!!

Are you not running a marathon this weekend? hmm...I think you might be.....

sorry you didn't run in NY!!

Don't tell me what's happening on Rescue Me-it's set on my TIVO and I haven't had the chance to sit down and watch it yet!!

Middle-of-the-Pack Girl said...

wouldn't this be the TAPER period though, so you're ok with not running too much?!


oh, and the swim-up bar at my resort was AWESOME!!