Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ramblings

The end of my week has been much better than the beginning. I ran 3 easy miles on Friday and 3 easy miles again today. I'm having a mild pain in the back of my right knee but it seems to get better after a few miles so I'm not too concerned.

I'm running 8 miles tomorrow morning with the training group. It's our last run together before the big day. I think I'm more excited for the first time marathoners than I am about running the marathon myself. I love that first marathon experience, it's so neat to watch.

Boston is Monday! We've got a lot of Okies running it and I know they'll kick ass. Reese is already there and I'm sure he's having a great time. I can't wait to read his post about the race, he always has a great story to tell. He hasn't been around lately so I haven't been able to pick on him. I feel somehow incomplete without a nice long run and lots of laughter with Reese. Maybe that's my problem lately, not enough Reese.

The Big One ran his conference track meet today. He ran the 110m hurdles and the 300m hurdles. Yea, I don't know how he became a hurdler either, but he's really good at them. He was 5th or 6th overall in the 110m, we never did find out, and was 4th overall in the 300m. He won his heat in the 300m by .01 seconds. It was a great race to watch. He's so smooth over the hurdles. I don't know why anyone would want to run a race with obstacles intentionally put in their way but he does so more power to him. Usually my advice to him is "run fast", now I've had to modify it to "run fast, jump, run fast". This fathering stuff is hard sometimes.

Thanks for listening

No comments: