Monday, April 27, 2009

Pics and the rest of the story





























Here are some of the pictures I took from the weekend. I spent way to much time listening to Bill Rodgers and forgot to get a picture with him this year. This is my first man-crush so I'm still learning to control it.

So here's the story about meeting Andrea. After rushing downtown to get my voucher on Friday, I rushed back home to get The Little One ready for school and rush him off. I stopped briefly at home and happened to check my email. I had one from someone named Andrea whom I didn't know. She said she had read on my blog about the voucher system and she was planning to drive in from New Mexico to run the 1/2 marathon. She wanted to know if there were any vouchers left for the 1/2 before she made the drive. I got on the phone to some running club friends and luckily found one who happened to be at the expo at that time. I asked him to check on the vouchers and pick one up for Andrea if there were any left. He called me back later and said he had one in his hand. I called Andrea and let her know she was in! So she drove in on Saturday and I met her at the expo to give her the voucher and help her get registered. She was awesome! So totally cool. She even brought me some southwestern spices and salsa which I'll use this summer. I am so amazed at the people I've met through this blog. I was scared at first about putting myself out there and the kind of people I might find but everyone I've ever met through this media has been great. And it just keeps coming!

I still haven't spoken to Paula. Sarah reminded me today that I not only ignored her for the week, I ignored her for the first few miles of the marathon when she was trying to tell me to slow down. This probably put the icing on the cake for her and she totally turned off. I don't know how to overcome this great injustice I've done to her. Flowers? For a watch? Nah. I don't know what to do for her. I don't know how to get her back. She loves to run but I won't be doing much of that this week. Any thoughts?

In a weird twist of fate I'm not sore at all today. When I thought about it I realized I really only ran 13 miles hard yesterday and the rest was more a walk-jog. So I didn't stress my legs that much. This may be a blessing in disguise for my Ft. Collins marathon on Sunday. The world turns in mysterious ways sometimes.

Thanks for all the concern over my health. I'm fine today and am getting back to a normal water-balance. I had some severe hot-flashes last night but I hydrated all day today and I think they have past. I owe so many people thanks for taking care of me. I had many people come by the medical tent while I was down. I love this running club! They rock. (one exception would be the guy who took a picture of me in my desperate state! I saw it last night and it's just not right at all! It's not a pretty sight. I love you man but that was just wrong!!!!!)

Thanks for listening

5 comments:

RBR said...

Dude, there is no Sarah. I told you that.

Well, there is a Sarah, but she is 15 and does not read your blog to the best of my knowledge. You really DO NOT listen to women do you?

Lord!

Reese said...

The picture was the best I could lift from the video. Be thankful I didn't post the full video with you whining about how hard the little marathon was. So you ran a marathon? How cute.

Southbaygirl said...

Sarah is RBR!!!!

How very nice of you to get Andrea a voucher! very cool! I've met some of my dearest friends because of my blog! Friends I can talk to about anything! That is an awesome feeling!!! I love all of you for being there for me!!

Middle-of-the-Pack Girl said...

That is really cool of you and your friends to get a voucher for someone you'd never met before!

When I read your comment about having only run 13 miles hard, and the rest was a "walk-jog" so you can do the next marathon, I covered my mouth, laughed, and said "Oh Willie!" So classic a comment for you! (I mean it in a good way, fyi.)

It is pretty amazing the people you meet on blogs, I agree. I just met the Gibtown Runner in person last night!

Calyx Meredith said...

I totally agree with you on how fab the blogging community of runners/athletes is! So glad to hear that you're healthy. Have a great race in Ft. Collins!!