Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'll leave my heart in San Francisco, along with some sweat.


This is from the email I just received!!

Welcome to The San Francisco Marathon (TM) - August 3, 2008!
Keep this email receipt in case there are any questions regarding your registration. Also, please note that the billing on your credit card will come from our registration site, and will read as San Francisco Marathon.


I'M GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO!!! Holy crap! This is my first spur-of-the-moment marathon trip so I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time. I have always wanted to do this but now that I've done it it's kinda scary!

I'm heading out on Friday after work and will get to see RBR run the Barb's Triathlon (Weird name, who the heck is Barb anyway!) on Saturday, run the marathon on Sunday, spend the rest of Sunday drinking my way through San Francisco, then return home Monday morning. This is like a dream weekend for me and I hope everything works out.

Thanks for listening

5 comments:

RBR said...

OMG, OMG, OMG! Sooooo excited! It is going to be a blast!

Southbaygirl said...

Have fun!

Reese said...

You are nuts, enjoy!

JenZen said...

OMG - HOW COOL!! You're doing it!! That's so awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it. GOOD LUCK!!!

ryc: I NEVER thought about the humidity being the reason behind my slow legs this week. But that makes total sense. Hmmm...

I'm running the Nike Human Race with a group at a sponsored location here in Louisiana. We're a small group, but I thought it would be fun to be part of it. I'm doing the Nike Women's half the same way - virtually at a sponsored locale.

That's too cool about all the Okies coming for San Antonio! I think it's going to be a fun race.

Calyx Meredith said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! I've been so sucked into my little drama vortex that I only this minute (b/c of RBR) saw your fun news! I'm so excited!! We have to figure out how to meet up. My cell is 428-3655. My email is calyxima (at) gmail (dot) com. Oh - area code - you'll need that - 919. Email me or call me. (In fact I think we're passing near (thru?) OKC today on the way to ABQ.) Have you already made plans with Southbay girl? This is so much fun!!