Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why wouldn't everyone live like this?


Well I've been here in sunny Florida for 2 days now and WOW I love the beach! Go to work in the morning, come home and run in the sun with salt in the air, go for a swim in the pool, hit the bar for dinner and drinks, repeat. Why do I live in Oklahoma again? I can't remember....


I did a 4 mile tempo run tonight and tried to keep it under 7 min/mile. I did pretty well until that last mile. Holy crap this is fast! OK though, I have a few weeks until the real training starts. This is just practice. My leg reminded me that it's still there but I hit it with ice and massage quickly and now I can't feel it at all. This is my 3rd day of running so I've improved at least. A few weeks ago I couldn't run back to back days without limping. I didn't limp at all tonight! Baby steps.


My phone screen died Monday. I ran with it Sunday on my long run and I think it finally gave in to the massive amounts of sweat I was pouring on it and gave up. I took some beach pictures with it Monday night without the screen hoping they would come out well. I think I take better pictures without the screen. Maybe I should turn the screen off for good!


Running on the beach is an interesting endeavour. I love the smell, the feel, and the view but the sand is really soft unless you get right down by the water. The problem is that there is a massive incline down there and one of my legs is shortened and one is lengthened trying to run down there. I feel bad for them but justify it by figuring I will get the other one back on the way home. Probably doesn't work that way but I LOVE RUNNING IN THE SAND! It's awesome. Legs just have to deal with it! Willie's happy here!


Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Look at you taking sunset pictures to rival Southbay's! Glad you're enjoying your beach running. I love being at the beach. I don't know why we don't all live there (well, other than the fact that the jobs aren't all there!)

JenZen said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I love hearing from and "blogging" with other runners. I always learn so much and am inspired by other people's journeys.

Running on the sand is KILLER! It is such a different leg workout.

I have several friends who do OKC each year. I'm committed to running it in '09! (at least the half...let's see how my first full goes in November) :D

RBR said...

Look at you turning into a Bay Watch babe! Glad you are having fun and your leg isn't bothering you.

I used to live in Florida. All I remember is miserable humidity and bugs so big they could carry you away! I think Cali should still be tops on your list!