Friday, July 4, 2008

A new goal

Something has gotten into me lately. My Boston qualifying time is 3:15 and I have always put that out of my mind as an impossibility. Well lately I keep thinking about it. It almost seems possible. I think if I re-focus myself and get back to running for running's sake, I can make it. I have downloaded an aggressive training plan and looked it over. Why not? If I focus myself and do the plan I believe I could do it. 

RBR is doing the Ironman, she is such an inspiration. I want to set goals like that. I want to believe in myself again. I could keep things just the same, leave here the way I came with nothing to lose, but I DON'T WANT TO! I am setting a goal and have nothing lose. 

I will run 3:15. I will run 3:15. I will run 3:15.

Man that feels good.

Thanks for listening

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that you have a goal, all you need to do is make it happen. :)

Reese said...

You will run 3:15

Calyx Meredith said...

Wow! That's a fantastic goal. Now you need to think of it in the present tense, "I am a 3:15 marathoner!" That way your brain/heart/subconscious/whatever will know not to wait but to make it happen. Go Willie!

RBR said...

Oooh! Soooo excited. Boston! AWESOME goal!

I know you can and you will! I can hardly stand the excitement of watching you train and meet this goal!

Glad to see you back in the blog world. I missed you :o) *smooches*