Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My old Friend

After a long delay I have finally returned to running. I re-introduced myself to her last night with an 11 mile run. No Ipod, no Garmin, no shirt. Just my shoes, a pair of shorts and me with my own thoughts. Simple, uncomplicated running. The way it was meant to be. I haven't found myself yet but I'm on my trail and maybe that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train after all. 

I have been caught up in the Olympic trials also. I don't know what is different this year but it seems as if the athletes are much more down to earth this year. Maybe it's me but I don't see them as untouchable celebrities this year as I have in the past. I really sense a true love of the game when I listen to the interviews. Good for them. If you missed the Kara Goucher interview after the 10,000 meters you should check it out. She is a total geek just like us!! I love it, what a real person.

Thanks for listening

1 comment:

Calyx Meredith said...

Yay! I missed you and I bet running did too! An 11 miler - unplugged? Way to go. Is your leg healed? Is your heart ok? (You know you do not have to answer that. It's just that things seemed rough last month and I've been sending you good vibes.) Did you see that RBR is in AFRICA? And that she's signed up for an IRONMAN?!! I haven't caught many of the interviews but I'll check out that link. Welcome back friend!